Harnessing the Power of eCommerce Demographic Data with TowerData and Springbot
Springbot , a Gold Industry Partner of Magento, delivers an eCommerce marketing platform to small and medium businesses (SMBs) using TowerData’s demographic data (age, gender, marital status, income, etc.) Founded in 2011, Springbot has combined the power of marketing automation and marketing analytics to deliver a SaaS offering that simplifies the data, content and multi-channel marketing tools eCommerce SMBs need to drive more traffic, conversions and overall revenue. TowerData’s ability to provide real-time data using consumer email addresses makes it possible to fuel marketing automation and analytics tools like Springbot.
When it comes to eCommerce marketing, understanding store data in real-time is critical to driving site traffic that leads to successful sales. Prior to TowerData and Springbot joining forces, eCommerce stores did not understand how to leverage their customer data or even what to do with it. In order to compete with Amazon, SMB eCommerce stores needed the ability to:
- Leverage demographic, lifestyle and purchase data analytics in order to personalize content and drive more conversions.
- Integrate data to keep up with the explosion of marketing channels needed to drive more traffic.
- Optimize data to determine which marketing actions would provide the best return on investment.
Enter TowerData and Springbot
In 2011, Springbot and TowerData partnered in order to help online retailers tackle the ‘eCommerce challenge’ – helping etailers understand more about their customers so that they could personalize content and make their customers happier.
“We needed TowerData’s data to do real-time analysis on who is making purchases and where they are making those purchases from so that we could easily share that data with our customers,” said Joe Reger, CTO of Springbot. “Without TowerData, we would be unable to turn our customers data into actionable marketing campaigns that drive traffic and increase revenue.”
“Springbot is a great platform for our API integration because Springbot retailers can use TowerData insight to enrich and contextualize their own data in real-time, “said Phil Davis, Chief Business Officer of TowerData. “Now with the help of TowerData’s email intelligence, Springbot gives you access to the great coverage and fast data you need to engage your customers.”
With Springbot and TowerData, eCommerce stores are able to market smarter, not harder. They can engage with the right customers at the right time and have the ability to compete (and win) against eCommerce goliaths like Amazon and Walmart.
- First Aid & Safety, a customer that offers brand name first aid supplies and safety products, needed to launch a tactical marketing program to stay competitive and improve sales. After using the data made available from Springbot and TowerData, they saw an increase in their online sales by 3x in a 6 month time period and an ROI of 112 percent.
- Country Club Prep, an Atlanta based eCommerce retailer, partnered with Springbot in order to create a scalable process to effectively and efficiently track revenue generated from online marketing efforts. Results? Their site traffic increased by an astounding 912 percent after leveraging their data to create more tactical results-driven marketing campaigns.
- After transitioning their online store and launching with Magento in January, Amagi Metals needed a way to encourage prospects to complete their online purchases. To reclaim this lost revenue, Springbot suggested automating the process for cart abandonment retargeting by starting with an email sent three hours after abandonment. The campaign saw an ROI of 2,230 percent with 51 percent of overall site revenue attributed to abandoned cart email campaign.