Six Reasons You Need Triggered Emails for Your Online Store
As with most email programs, there comes a time when you are ready to get a little more sophisticated and a lot more automated with your marketing efforts. Enter triggered emails – a marketing must in the world of eCommerce because it affords the ability to automate emails ‘triggered’ by a specific action taken (or not) by customers or prospects.
What are triggered emails?
Triggered emails are a crucial element in your overall eCommerce marketing strategy, or should be. The main reason is that they have a proven track record with an incredible return on investment. Automatically sending the right message at the right time allows you to send highly relevant emails to your customers, thus increasing customer engagement.
Six reasons why you need triggered emails for your eCommerce store:
1. Recover lost sales with abandoned cart emails. This is one of the more powerful emails in an eCommerce marketer’s tool box. Recover lost sales and easily track revenue through the automated deployment of abandoned cart emails. Once set up, you can test timing, messaging content, and exclusive offers to see what provides you with the best ROI.
2. Increase revenue with abandoned cart restoration. Many shopping cart platforms actually clear a users cart after three days, which can cause a less than positive customers experience. For example, if someone wants to go back to the cart they abandoned after three days, they will most likely see the “Your Shopping Cart is Empty” screen – creating a bad experience that can negatively impact your conversion rates. With Springbot’s cart restoration – a first of it’s kind – a user can click on their abandoned cart email (across all device types like tablet, smartphone or desktop computer) and be taken to the cart they abandoned – no matter the time that has passed. What is unique about this feature is that products are easily stored in the database for as long as that product is available, leading to a positive experience for your customers and ultimately increasing conversion rates on your abandoned cart emails.
3. Engage with new customers using welcome Emails. This is your store’s opportunity to send a highly relevant and personalized email to your customers. Use this email to highlight the benefits they will receive as a subscriber, customer service contact information and how often they should expect an email from you.
4. Upsell, cross-sell and get product reviews with post purchase emails. This email, sent after your customer places an order, is anticipated by the subscriber and often under-utilized by eCommerce stores like yourself. This can also be the perfect opportunity to upsell and cross-sell the newest products from your site – and easily track that revenue. This is also a great opportunity to ask for a product review.
5. Celebrate customer loyalty with anniversary emails. This type of email can be a very powerful way to engage personally with customers at the most relevant moments. Let them know that you appreciate their loyalty and send them a special offer on their one year, two year or even ten year anniversary.
6. Reengage customers with last purchase (win-back) emails. Sending a strategic email to your customers that have not made a purchase in a specified amount of time (like 120 days) is a good way to reconnect with those who may have forgotten about you. This is your opportunity to let this segment of customers know that you miss them and want them back.